Much smaller haul than my previous years. It’s buying fatigue, I suppose, due to my burgeoning library and growing list of Kindle books, Audible and Comixology buys. Can’t keep up with the consumption, so I’m limiting myself to just the ones I really like.
Ok, so here’s what I got at the Big Bad Wolf Books sale today:
- Air, Geoff Ryman
- Money, Martin Amis
- Kraken, China Mieville
- The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova
- Chronicles of the Black Company, Glen Cook
- Market Forces, Richard Morgan
- The World Inside, Robert Silverberg
- Lowboy, John Wray
- Manhood for Amateurs, Michael Chabon
- All The King’s Men, Robert Penn Warren
- Grey, Jon Armstrong
- Neuropath, R. Scott Bakker
- The Great Book of Amber: The Complete Amber Chronicles 1-10, Roger Zelazny
- Star Wars: A Scanimation Book (for Max, of course)
- Project Manager Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to PMP Skills, Linda Kretz Zaval and Terri Wagner
- Project Management Communications Bible, William Dow and Bruce Taylor
- Crock-Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes
It’s starting to get silly for me to go to bookshops when the warehouse sales offer such a delectable selection of books at a price that simply cannot be denied.
A regular paperback is approximately RM35. I get these at RM8 each. Some a little more, but nothing more than RM12 or RM15.
This haul was from Oct this year.
- The Death of Bunny Munro, Nick Cave
- Gentlemen of the Road, Michael Chabon
- Busted Flush, George RR Martin, et al.
- Lankhmar, Fritz Leiber
- The Centauri Device, M John Harrison
- The Boat, Nam Le
- River of Gods, Ian M McDonald
- The Dream Archipelago, Christopher Priest
- Gateway, Frederick Pohl
- Man in the Dark, Paul Auster
- Heart-Shaped Box, Joe Hill
- Once on a Moonless Night, Dai Sijie
- A Colossal Failure of Common Sense, Larry McDonald
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Robert A Heinlein
- The Penelopiad, Margaret Atwood
- Beijing Coma, Ma Jian
- King Rat, China Mieville
- Scar Night, Alan Campbell
- The Sorrows of an American, Siri Hustvedt
- Cowboy Angels, Paul McAuley
Here’s the latest haul from last Sunday’s visit to the Bookfest@Malaysia event from Popular Bookstores over in KLCC Convention Centre.
It’s been a while, but now I’m catching up on a lot of overdue personal tasks. One of them happens to be an update to this site.
These 2 were purchased separately – the Ross was really a fantastic find in a book sale bin.
At another binge, I picked these up:
- Samurai Champloo – The Complete 2 Volume Series, Masaru Gotsubo
- By Night in Chile, Roberto Bolano
- NurtureShock, Po Bronson, Ashley Merryman
- The Worm Ouroboros, ER Eddison
- Spook, Mary Roach
- Kingdom Come, Mark Waid, Alex Ross
- Kick-Ass, Mark Millar, John Romita Jr
Yet another session:
Ok, something I got early this month.